UWEPC in collaboration with Sun Metro is offering a new Summer Transportation Pilot Program that allows children, ages 6 to 18, to receive a free bus pass for the summer months. The program is intended to help increase the participation in summer programs, by alleviating transportation barriers that might exist for some children.
Any United Way funded agency is eligible to receive free bus passes for the children participating in their summer programs. Participation is subject to each UWEPC funded agency.
Agencies currently participating are:
- Books are GEMS
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters
- Boys & Girls Club
- El Paso Exploreum
- El Paso Public Libraries
- First Tee of Greater El Paso
- Parents as Teachers Program
- Paso del Norte Children’s Development Center
- Project Vida
- Skate for Jesus
- YMCA of El Paso
- YWCA El Paso del Norte Region
- Books are GEMS
How to get one:
- A parent’s child must fill out an application after enrolling a child in a summer program and return it to the UWEPC funded agency his or her child is participating with.
- Look to your agency for dates and times when Sun Metro will collect applications and photograph child for pass.
- Sun Metro will process applications and send back passes to respective agencies within a week of collection applications.
The passes will be good from the time of their distribution, until August 31, 2015. The Sun Metro Representative for Customer Service is Joe Villalobos, he can be contacted at 915.274.1922 or VillalobosJJ@elpasotexas.gov. If you have any questions or need assistance you can contact me at 915.533.2434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.