Each year in June, communities around the world come together to harness volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live.
United Way Day of Action is an invitation for people and organizations around the world to LIVE UNITED and take action to address a variety of challenges. It is a day that we ask you to help us put our mission into action by improving the building blocks for a good quality of life — education, basic needs, and income.
This year, UWEPC will host a Community Clean-up in the Northeast on Railroad Drive in partnership with the Environmental Services Department. The event will take place Sat., June 20 at 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. Exact location to be determined. Workplace giving employees and United Way volunteers are currently registering for the volunteer opportunity to beautify the area. Spaces are limited.
How to get involved on United Way Day of Action:
- Register to participate in the Community Clean-up with our Community Engagement Specialist Rebecca Morales by emailing her at email@example.com or call 915-533-2434, ext. 241.
- Share your Day of Action experience on Facebook, post photos of your community work to Instagram and follow us on Twitter @unitedwayelpaso. Use #DayofAction on your social media posts.
- Advocate for Summer Success on #DayofAction:
- Join the #DayofAction Thunderclap and pledge to keep kids active and learning during the summer. Sign here.
- Raise awareness about addressing the challenges of summer. Know the facts and share reports from the National Summer Learning Association, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading, and Share Our Strength.
- Find free summer meals for children in your community. Tell families to call 1-866-3-HUNGRY or visit www.whyhunger.org/findfood to locate meal sites.
- Advocate for nutrition programs that help fill in the meal gap for students in the summer months. Take Action: Protect Hunger Relief Programs